SOLVED

Sharepoint List

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Is there a way to make it compulsory for people to fill a column on a Sharepoint list?

I'm currently trying to build a ticketing system, it was only required to fill in issue by default, but not the issue description. If possible I'd like to make it compulsory to fill in the issue description as well. 

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies

@vviona 

You can make the Column as Required to make it compulsory for users to fill in.

Please refer below:

https://sharepointmaven.com/how-to-make-sharepoint-metadata-columns-required/

best response confirmed by vviona (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@vviona Follow steps:

1. Go to your SharePoint list
  2. Click on column header/title and select Column settings Editganeshsanap_0-1663668521161.png
  3. From Edit column panel, click on "More options", toggle Require column option to "Yes" and click "Save": ganeshsanap_1-1663668635946.pngFollow same steps for all the columns you want to make required in the list.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by vviona (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@vviona Follow steps:

1. Go to your SharePoint list
  2. Click on column header/title and select Column settings Editganeshsanap_0-1663668521161.png
  3. From Edit column panel, click on "More options", toggle Require column option to "Yes" and click "Save": ganeshsanap_1-1663668635946.pngFollow same steps for all the columns you want to make required in the list.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post