(Sharepoint list) Permission setting for grid view and multiple items bulk edit

Copper Contributor

In Sharepoint list, can I set permission not allowing grid view editing and multiple items selecting editing?

I adopt Powerapps form and I want to make the user only edit from Powerapps form for avoiding some mishaps for many lists.

3 Replies

@kenjoy84There is a workaround on this,

so your case people go to that list and then they have to click on new so the power app will come correct? this way they still can see all the data in the List and can do multi-edit etc.

So for this, the best practice is to put the link of your Power app into Sharepoint/Team whichever you use, and direct people to do the entry from this PowerApp even you could restrict the Sharepoint list on them if you have proper setting/permission on the power app.

Also converting the power app to a canvas app is an option too...

@PDostiyar 

Thank you for your answer.

I understand your concept. Now I only have made Powerapps for mobile view. For desktop view, I have customized Sharepoint list form with Powerapps, and it seems not completely independent Powerapps, because there is only form and there is no 'Create' button on Powerapps side, but on Sharepoint function. So if I adopt your method, I need to build independent Powerapps for desktop view additionally. Anyway, I understand the practice, so I will consider it if I carry out this. Thank you so much.

@kenjoy84

Correct and when creating a PowerApp your data source can be store on the same list you are talking about, ok great... so this means you know the workaround about his if yes please accept the answer to this question is closed...

so our community members could benefit from this... I am glad you know the workaround on it now.