SOLVED

Sharepoint List (Modern UI) changes to Classic UI Detail Form

Copper Contributor

I have a Sharepoint List which is in Modern UI but when i select an item it automatically switches to the Classic UI Detail Form. It only happens on one List on my Site, the others work normally without a problem. I need to fix this issue since i cant just create a new List because the amount of data is huge. 

Did anyone else have this issue? 

Regards 

Viktor 

5 Replies

@VBrancoveanu 

What is the type of List (E.g. Tasks List, Custom List, Calendar)? is this list migrated from from other environment?

It might be possible that you are using OLD List template like Tasks, Events where Modern UI is still not available. 

You can share screen shot of list and new form of item to get more details about your issue.

Hope it will helpful to you and if so then Please mark my response as Best Response & Like to help others in this community

@kalpeshvaghela Hey, the type of List is Generic List (Template ID 100, Base type 0). And yes it has been migrated from Sharepoint on premise. 

Sadly im not allowed to share any Screenshots.

@VBrancoveanu 

Then you should make sure that any custom web part is added on top of default web part in New/Edit/Form.

You should also check whether any JSLink is applied in any column or not. Reference Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/40224.sharepoint-online-sharepoint-2013-...

Hope it will helpful to you and if so then Please mark my response as Best Response & Like to help others in this community

@kalpeshvaghela I just checked and there are Custom Webparts added to the Forms. Right now i am not allowed to delete them tho. Do you think that they force the Website to display the Form in Classic UI?

best response confirmed by VBrancoveanu (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@VBrancoveanu 

Yes. That is the reason. 

Did you try to edit page and try to other remove web parts as shown in below screens

kalpeshvaghela_0-1662627040563.png

kalpeshvaghela_1-1662627066107.png

If you are not seeing that option then you will need higher rights in the site i.e. Full Control

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VBrancoveanu (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@VBrancoveanu 

Yes. That is the reason. 

Did you try to edit page and try to other remove web parts as shown in below screens

kalpeshvaghela_0-1662627040563.png

kalpeshvaghela_1-1662627066107.png

If you are not seeing that option then you will need higher rights in the site i.e. Full Control

View solution in original post