SOLVED

SharePoint List losing Body JSON formatting on save temporarily

Copper Contributor

I am running into an issue that just started happening where I will temporarily lose my JSON Body formatting. I currently format my body with sections and if I do any editing on a list item and then save it I lose all the formatting and everything goes into one column. If I navigate away and back to the list item the JSON formatting appears again correctly.

16 Replies

@RyanG1465 It might be the browser caching issue in SharePoint.

After saving JSON in list form body, try clearing browser cache & cookies and re-authenticate to SharePoint site.  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

Having the same issues as the OP. Only started occurring last couple of days for all my users. JSON formatting disappears when saving a data entry/field update.

The "Offline Client Availability" is set to No. (A recommended fix from when I was having JSON issues previously)

Cache clearing has no effect

@DarcyOG @RyanG1465 I have observed many users are facing this same issue while using JSON formatting on list forms.

I will suggest you to raise a support ticket with Microsoft directly and report this bug. Follow: Get M365 support - online support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thanks ganeshsanap unfortunately I am not in IT for my company and unable to get ahold of the right person to send in a ticket to Microsoft easily. Hoping others with this issue are able to send in a ticket so Microsoft is able to resolve it.

My team are now experiencing the same issue - it also began a few days ago.

We rely on the formatted Sharepoint list to support client facing service delivery; this issue is causing real problems. Grateful for any practical advice on how to resolve.

@RyanG1465 

I also want to report this problem. Our SharePoint list forms are not formatted when the save button is pressed or after updating any field.  When the form is refreshed, the format resumes.  This was never a problem until recently.

I am also having this problem recently. It feels like this is recent because it just started happening as I am working with an older list that did not have this problem before. I didn't change the formatting of the body recently at all so I have no idea why this problem just suddenly came up.
I'm also having the same issue. It started happening just a few days ago. Hoping for a solution! If you open up the Json editor window and make entry changes in the list, the formatting doesn't go away. It's all I can do for now.
Hey ganeshsanap looks like multiple people are having issues but not sure we can create support tickets with Microsoft are you able to create one on our behalf or are you not having the same issues as others are?
best response confirmed by RyanG1465 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RyanG1465,

@GilbertoVentura already raise support ticket with Microsoft. As per his response:

Microsoft have identified the problem and they are going to work on a solution.
"A recent change intended to update how SharePoint lists are viewed in Microsoft Teams caused a code regression that's resulting in impact."

You can find more details & follow up at: SharePoint loses JSON formatting on save 

@GilbertoVentura Please keep all community members informed here or on other thread mentioned in above link.

I confirm that Microsoft has already solved this issue. Everything is working fine again.

@GilbertoVentura I can confirm it's still a problem as of right now at my organization.

@GilbertoVentura - Thanks Gilbert I can confirm that the JSON body now maintains for me on save. Wondering if you are experiencing the other issue I am related here and if something has been communicated to Microsoft yet.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/sharepoint-choice-field-issue-clicking-away/m-p/36...

I can confirm that the card view works again.
Yes, I am facing the same issue related on this other thread.
I can confirm it's fixed on my end now.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by RyanG1465 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RyanG1465,

@GilbertoVentura already raise support ticket with Microsoft. As per his response:

Microsoft have identified the problem and they are going to work on a solution.
"A recent change intended to update how SharePoint lists are viewed in Microsoft Teams caused a code regression that's resulting in impact."

You can find more details & follow up at: SharePoint loses JSON formatting on save 

@GilbertoVentura Please keep all community members informed here or on other thread mentioned in above link.

View solution in original post