SharePoint List - Hyperlink/Picture Column

Copper Contributor

Hello,

newbie here.  Hope anyone reading this is well!  :)

I've recently created a List with one of the Columns being for a Hyperlink that displays as a picture.  The issue I have is that I cant see a way of choosing the picture I'd like to display and the default one isn't user friendly and looks like a link is broken.  Would anyone happen to know a simple way of changing this?

attached screen shot.

Thanks

4 Replies

@adam_tcp When you use Hyperlink/picture column, you cannot select/upload image. You have to pass the URL of image already uploaded somewhere (probable document library or picture library) in your SharePoint site. 

I am guessing you are not able to see the image in list view because you passed wrong image URL in hyperlink/picture column.

If you want to upload image from your computer/device then I will suggest you to create Image column in your list. Check below article for more information:

New Image column type in SharePoint Online Lists and Libraries 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap Hello and Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I probably didn't make it very clear.  It is hyperlinks that I'm using so I'm happy with the way it functions just not the way it displays.

As an example I want the hyperlink to display as a folder icon and was hoping there was a way of setting the image that the hyperlink displays as instead of the default image it chooses.  

Thanks

Adam

@adam_tcp If you want to customize the rendering of field in list view then you can using Column (JSON) Formatting. Using JSON formatting you can customize how fields in SharePoint lists and libraries are displayed.

Reference: Use column formatting to customize SharePoint  

Additional linkTurn field into thumbnail image or clickable hyperlink 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@adam_tcp Hi - I really recommend this blog post to help with JSON formatting

SharePoint modern view formatting with JSON – part 1 of 2 - Collab365 Community