Sharepoint List Export selected

Copper Contributor

I like to select some items and export only the selected. Is there any way to do this? List_Item.jpg

5 Replies

@Beutebaer you would need to have another column, most likely a Yes/No column called Export, where you select Yes for the items that you want to export. Create a new view of the list and name it Export and apply a filter of Export is equal to Yes. Then when you view the Export view you can click the Export link and it will just export those items.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Dear @RobElliott, thank you for your reply, but this is not really comfortable. After selecting e.g. 60 of 100 items, i have to deselect 60 of 100 again after export - or i am wrong? I do not understand Microsoft - the blue dot in front of the line is to select one or more item(s), why is it not possible to export only selected ones? 

Thorsten (Beutebaer)

I think, what i really need is a shopping system, where i can select my favorite items and put them in a cart to handle them otherwise.. ;)

This would be nice!

@Beutebaer This is not available using SharePoint out of the box capabilities. If you want use SharePoint out of the box options only, you will have to use the workaround as mentioned by @RobElliott .

And yes, you will have to again set No to 60 items after your export those items and you want to export another set of list items. You can do such bulk updates using Edit in grid view option in SharePoint lists.

OR you can use this custom list view command set extension developed using SPFx for exporting selected list items from SharePoint list: SPFx Export Selected Items to Excel - ListView Command Set 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

Hi Mark, i think this is shaming for Microsoft. I can select multiple entries, but i cannot do anything with this.

All the option you named are not use able for me, But thanks for your post.