SharePoint list edit form button

Iron Contributor

Dear all,

Does anyone know how to enable the edit form button? I have another list, but I do not see it.

Sk73_0-1639392284869.png

Sk73_1-1639392430663.png

Will be grateful for any help you can provide.

Thank you.

Sk-73

5 Replies

@Sk-73 ,

1. Is this list located on same site?
  2. Is it a modern generic list or is it created from any classic experience list template?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi @ganeshsanap 

Thank you for reply this post.

1. Is this list located on same site? Nope.
  2. Is it a modern generic list or is it created from any classic experience list template? It's a classic experience list template.

Is it possible can make the button appear in my generic list?

Thank you.

Sk-73

@Sk-73 Which classic list template you used to create this list? 

I can see the "Edit columns" option in generic (modern experience) list in classic SharePoint team site.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi@ganeshsanap 

It's the "issue tracker" classic list template.

Sk73_0-1639476814981.png

I just try on the other site to create a new blank list, I can see the edit column button as well.:cryingwithlaughter:

How do I create a new list please see the below.

Sk73_3-1639478023578.png

Sk73_2-1639477092162.png

For some reason, there's have one site the list doesn't have the "Edit column" button, hmm... strange...

@Sk-73 I have a list created from "Issue Tracker" list template & I can see the Edit columns option in this list:

ganeshsanap_0-1639478747186.png

Raise a support ticket with Microsoft if needed. check Online support