SharePoint List Date Format Not Matching Site Locale Setting

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have just started experiencing an issue with a SharePoint List, where the date and time format doesn't match the column requirements. While our users can type out the date and time, it is inconvenient especially considering this issue only recently started showing itself.

When selecting a date and time in a list column, the format defaults to Month/Day/YYYY HH:MM AM/PM. This list, for the past few months, has always used YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM AM/PM for date format. The region setting at the site level is set to English (Canada), and our official national date format is YYYY-MM-DD.

What do you think the problem could be? Why would this suddenly start happening despite the list being used for many months without issue?

Column input:

pillbox_1-1677781680963.png

Column settings:

pillbox_2-1677781772950.png

Regional settings:

pillbox_3-1677781909392.png

24 Replies
One of my clients says it's not working in Chrome in any case. And one of their coworkers uses Opera.
Nice one! I'll ask our Tech Dept to investigate that potential course of action. I've heard good things about Opera but only used it a few times. Maybe I need to give it a longer go. Thank you for the info!
Cheers!
I heard from my client that the issue is resolved now, at least in Edge. Microsoft must have applied a fix.
Can confirm that it appears to be working for all users in our environment now. Microsoft followed up on our open ticket late last week and indicated that a hotfix would be rolled out, but couldn't guarantee timing. Looks like we must have received the fix.

That's great news! We're still having trouble in Edge but Chrome continues to work. Hopefully in the next few days Edge gets sorted out.