SOLVED

Sharepoint list collapsible records

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to make a sharepoint list where i keep my task. But i want it to connect it to another sharepoint list where i keep my progress on my task.

And i want to combine these 2 list so i have a overview of all my task which are collapsible so i can see the progress step by step.

So for example. My task can be a record with the following colums:
  1. Status (New, In progress, Closed, etc)
  2. Department 
  3. Office
  4. Machine

And the progress colums are:

1. Technician
  2. Work Done
  3. Date/Time

I thought of adding a ID colum for linking the 2 together but i don't find a way to group them so i see all the colums of the task and the dropdown for the progress records of this task.

Is this even possible?

Thanks at advance!

Kind regards,

Ward

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Ward84 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Ward84 This is not possible using SharePoint out of the box lists capabilities in modern experience. You will need custom solution for this.

Options for you:

1. OOTB: Add both lists on a site page using "List" web part and use dynamic filtering to connect them. Connect web parts in SharePoint 
  2. PowerApps: You can develop canvas application in which you can easily show the lists using nested gallery controls
  3. SPFx: This requires coding & development experience. You can build your own web part using SPFx to show two nested lists. Check:
    1. sharepoint-framework-overview 
    2. sp-dev-fx-webparts   

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi @Ward84 

If you have a common ID, in that case you can use a simple lookup and add additional columns from the source list.

lookup.png

@ganeshsanap thanks for the quick reply!

It is indeed possible in powerapps but we wanted it in a sharepointlist.

But i will take a deeper look at the OOTB solution so thanks for this.

Kind regards,

Ward

@NanddeepNachan thanks for the quick reply!

I was playing with the lookup tables already but it doesn't make it collapsible if there are more than 1 items to the one record. Or i misunderstand what you are saying.

Kind regards,

Ward

Hi @Ward84 

In the List View settings, you can use Group By

group-by.png

The end result is as follows:

lookup.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ward84 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Ward84 This is not possible using SharePoint out of the box lists capabilities in modern experience. You will need custom solution for this.

Options for you:

1. OOTB: Add both lists on a site page using "List" web part and use dynamic filtering to connect them. Connect web parts in SharePoint 
  2. PowerApps: You can develop canvas application in which you can easily show the lists using nested gallery controls
  3. SPFx: This requires coding & development experience. You can build your own web part using SPFx to show two nested lists. Check:
    1. sharepoint-framework-overview 
    2. sp-dev-fx-webparts   

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post