SharePoint List Cash Balance

Copper Contributor
Hi. I'm trying to create a simple SharePoint List for cash in and out of the office. I was trying to have the debit and credit amount in the same coloum with out having to put a minus (-) in front on the debit amount. To then use the Total sum for that coloum. I have managed to put a minus in front of the debit amount using a calculated coloum along with a choice coloum. However it does not allow the Total sum on that calculated coloum. I have also had a separate coloum for debit and credit amounts with Total sum, but don't know how to then take the debit total from the credit total. Also is there a way to have the total sum for the column at the top rather than the bottom. I know this can all be done in Powerapps, but was hoping to keep it simple and just use a SharePoint List. Any suggestions please.
2 Replies

@David20 if you're not adding a minus symbol (-) for debits then how are you differentiating credits from debits? The easiest thing is just to put the - in. You are correct, you cannot have the total on a calculated column. No, the total is aways at the bottom and cannot be placed at the top of the list.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Hi Rob. The problem of not having an automated minus (-) on the debit amount following selecting debit from the choice coloum is people forget. Thanks David