SOLVED

Sharepoint List Calculated Month Column

Brass Contributor

I have a sharepoint list that I need to have a calculated column returning the month from a date. I have tried all the suggesitons on google, them being exactly the same:

=TEXT([Date],"mmmm")

This leads to an error:

jamescosten_0-1657267871722.png

What am i doing wrong?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by jamescosten (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@jamescosten You are trying to add calculated value for single line of text column which does not allow referencing other columns in list.

Instead, you need to create a calculated column in a list. Follow below steps:

1. Go to list, click on Add column and then select More...ganeshsanap_0-1657269639714.png
  2. Select Calculated as type of column, enter your formula in Additional Column Settings > Formula textbox and click OK button to save the column.ganeshsanap_1-1657269915601.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you very much.

@jamescosten You're welcome! glad it helped you.

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jamescosten (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@jamescosten You are trying to add calculated value for single line of text column which does not allow referencing other columns in list.

Instead, you need to create a calculated column in a list. Follow below steps:

1. Go to list, click on Add column and then select More...ganeshsanap_0-1657269639714.png
  2. Select Calculated as type of column, enter your formula in Additional Column Settings > Formula textbox and click OK button to save the column.ganeshsanap_1-1657269915601.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post