SharePoint List Button

Brass Contributor

How do I make a button or some sort of an event where if I press a button it will clear a column item in a row.  For example, in the visual below I want to press a button that would clear the word "Stop" in the Stop column.  What I am trying to do is limit the amount of flow runs.  Right now the flow is set to stop running if it sees the word Stop in a row.  As you can see, we have updated the column to Megan but the notes that are coming in are for Ibrahim.   So If I have a button that would clear the word stop.  It would trigger the event to run and update the Notes for Megan.

I hope this makes sense.

VeeExcelLearn_1-1661360408044.png

3 Replies

@VeeExcelLearn You can use JSON column formatting for your requirements to clear value in "Stop" column. Use JSON in this format: 

{
    "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/column-formatting.schema.json",
    "elmType": "button",
    "txtContent": "Clear Stop",
    "customRowAction": {
        "action": "setValue",
        "actionInput": {
            "Stop": ""
        }
    }
}

DocumentationSharePoint column formatting 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you ganeshsanap. Can you please suggests website where I can find a place where I can look at all the possible buttons and customizations I can implement in SharePoint sites. Thank you for your solution.

@VeeExcelLearn Here's Microsoft official documentation for JSON formatting where you can find all syntax and styles (CSS) you can use in JSON formatting: JSON formatting-syntax-reference 

Also, look at the samples submitted by other community members to get more ideas: List-Formatting column-samples 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.