SharePoint List And Flow - Multi-People Field

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I want to run a flow that will add the current user to a People field set to allow multiple people.  Even if I try just using the "UserField Claims" option, without trying to add my new user, all it does is creates a foreach which then leaves me with a single value of the last user in the field.

As I mentioned, all I want is to take a field with multiple people in it and add another. 

Anyone come across this and able to help?

Thanks...

John

5 Replies
it sounds like you may need to get the current value from the field and assign it to a variable, get the new person and add them to another variable, then join the two variables with a semicolon, and update the field with the output of the join.
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to do that, but I got an error along the lines of "user1@domain.com; user2@domain.com; user3@domain.com" cannot be found.

@John CondronI realize this is months too late, but I had some difficulty adding 1 user to a multi-person field which already had 1+ users in it. 

I found and contributed to a working solution here:  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Flow-cannot-update-quot-multiple-people-or-group-...

Maybe it'll help you.

@Rob Ellis  I just realized your link is what lead me to the final solution for this!  Thanks for making that connection.