Sharepoint - linking to a view

Copper Contributor

I have created a Hero web part and want to link to a view in another sub site.  But I am getting the error message

"We couldn't verify this link.  Please check the link and that your site members can view it. "

• I have listed my steps below, what am I doing wrong?
  • Or is there a better way to link to a filtered subset of information in a library? 
  • Also our system has been heavily locked down by IT so is there I setting I need to request be unlocked in order for this to work.

Many thanks

In Site 1

• I asked the Site Manager to create a view based on metatags in a column
  • I open this site and clicked to open the view

In Site 2 where I do have some site admin privileges

• I put the Hero web part into edit mode
  • I clicked to edit the link on one of the tiles
  • I clicked the option of a link
  • Then copied and pasted the URL which I have done before within same site links for Hero Parts
  • But I get the message as stated above
6 Replies

@marionkd I get that that message regularly. It just means that SharePoint couldn't verify it, it doesn't mean that it won't work.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

What rob said. Should still be able to save
The button at the bottom sometimes highlight. If the site Manager had grouped the view, would that make a difference?
Many thanks

@RobElliottThank you for your advice, If the site manager has grouped the view, would that make a difference as the link is not working.

Have you any experience with this where the link doesn't work? I am having this same issue but none of my links work.