Sharepoint link not working

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, I can't seem to to find any resources on it...

But I'm having a problem where I created a sharepoint that people can't access.

It's only the main link that isn't working (so sharepoint.com/sites/example isn't working but sharepoint.com/sites/example/images does work)

would appreciate any help I can get for this

7 Replies

Hi @SebKing - not sure if you've already checked this, but just in case: go to Site Information > Site Settings > Site Permissions. If there is anything uniquely permissioned, like a page/library/folder, there will be a yellow banner near the top with a link. From that link you'll be able to see if possibly the landing page or the image is uniquely secured.

You'll also see the site members, owners, and visitors and can validate who should have access. Hope that helps. 

Having this exact same issue, I am the owner of the group and all permissions are OK. It's the MAIN link to get to the SharePoint site that isn't working, but everything other link is.

@SebKing and @SamSom I just ran into this issue myself and I have found a fix. I had renamed my homepage instead of using the generic one provided and had the same issue of the main link being broken. To fix, go to Settings (Gear Icon top right) > Site Contents > Site Pages. Then find the page that you renamed, hover over it and you'll see the 3 vertical dots appear, click on that and then click on "Make homepage." That should fix the issue and now your main Sharepoint link (e.g. orgname.sharepoint.com/sites/SharePointPageName) should work. 

I hope this helps if you haven't already figured it out or anyone who stumbles on this page.  

@SebKing Is it just an issue while using Edge browser? Did you try in Chrome? May be related to this error https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/sharepoint-online-site-not-working-in-ie-internet-...

This fixed my issue! Thank you so much!
Your suggestions saved my life!!! Thank you so much :-).

I did rename another page as the Homepage. This worked for me! Thanks @chardin3