SOLVED

SharePoint Library Properties-Can't Edit Fields

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I can no longer edit columns (Title) in the properties/details pane on a Teams SharePoint site library. 

Capture.PNG

I can still see it on other sites. 

How can I get it to show up again?

6 Replies

@Nat29B This is a default behavior in SharePoint for folders. You cannot update properties/column values for folders like you can with files.

Workaround: Use Edit in grid view (quick edit) option to update properties for folder.

More informationStart and end columns in folder structure 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@ganeshsanap Not an option in the library.

Nat29B_0-1677696299591.png

I ended up having to use a form designed in Power Apps to view and edit the field in properties.
best response confirmed by Nat29B (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Nat29B It is available in SharePoint document libraries as well: 

ganeshsanap_0-1677741036938.pngYou have to enable it from Library settings > Advanced settings if it is not available: 

ganeshsanap_1-1677741144733.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thanks! The setting was already set to yes. Maybe it doesn't work because its a Teams site. Either way I found a work around. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

@Nat29B I would like to share one more related functionality in SharePoint > Maybe edit in grid view option made hidden using JSON command bar formatting by someone in your team (or site owners).

You can check the JSON applied in view formatting and correct it as per your requirements. Check documentation: Command bar customization syntax reference 

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way. For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Nat29B (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Nat29B It is available in SharePoint document libraries as well: 

ganeshsanap_0-1677741036938.pngYou have to enable it from Library settings > Advanced settings if it is not available: 

ganeshsanap_1-1677741144733.png

View solution in original post