SharePoint Intranet

Steel Contributor

I am creating our company employee intranet using SharePoint. I got most of the design details down and know how to create the different sections using different web parts, etc. Is there any online tutorials showing how to customize buttons, etc. I see a lot of companies out there that make intranets and have all this customization, however, I dont' want to pay hundreds of dollars a month just for some customization. I can do the layout, etc myself. Thanks for any tips!!

7 Replies

@Tim Hunter Hello Tim,

Are you looking for a way to change the colors to match your company brand profile?

Yours sincerely,
Aref Halmstrand

@Tim Hunter Did you know that Microsoft provides highly designed templates for organizations to make use of?

Please see the link below:
https://lookbook.microsoft.com/details/c9300e94-6e83-471a-b767-b7878689e97e

You simply click on the button "Add to your tenant" and sign in with an administration account. 
After 10-15 minutes, the site will be created with all the content and web parts.

Yours sincerely,
Aref Halmstrand

@ArefHalmstrand 

YEs, I have looked at the LookBook, very awesome! I also see other templates with customizations. I have attached a couple screenshots. thank you.!

intranet1.pngintranet2.png

You are very welcome ! Please mark as best reply if this solved your request.

Yours sincerely,
Aref Halmstrand

@ArefHalmstrand 

Is there a way to design these custom buttons, employee directory myself? Any useful guides online?

Do you have a image as example? I would like to see what you mean by customizing :)

@ArefHalmstrand 

I posted some screenshots earlier of an employee directory and layout example with custom buttons and sections