SOLVED

SharePoint in Microsoft 365: Replacement for 'Contacts' widget

Copper Contributor

Hi - relative newbie here, but I this used to be easily achieved in the client version of SP - am I right in saying there is no replacement for the Contacts App in SharePoint for 365?

Many thanks folks

d.

4 Replies
Check out 'People' app in a modern SharePoint site.

@jacobite Are you trying to show the user profiles on SharePoint page? something like:

ganeshsanap_0-1659432804956.png

If yes, you can use the People web part as suggested by @Bharath Arja.

Here's Microsoft official documentation for people web part which will help you in detail: Show people profiles on your page with the People web part 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

Thanks All, but looks as though I can only reference people on local domain right? i.e. I can't list contacts for 'external' people (such as client names)

best response confirmed by jacobite (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jacobite Yes correct. Unfortunately, using this web part you can only enlist the users from your tenant/domain. 

If you want to show the list of users from another domain, you may need to use other web parts (like Text web part to add user name/email link, etc.) which might not have similar UI as of contacts app or people web part.

Or you can build a custom web part on your own using SharePoint Framework (SPFx). There are few web part samples available on GitHub repository which might help you to get started with.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jacobite (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@jacobite Yes correct. Unfortunately, using this web part you can only enlist the users from your tenant/domain. 

If you want to show the list of users from another domain, you may need to use other web parts (like Text web part to add user name/email link, etc.) which might not have similar UI as of contacts app or people web part.

Or you can build a custom web part on your own using SharePoint Framework (SPFx). There are few web part samples available on GitHub repository which might help you to get started with.

View solution in original post