SOLVED

SharePoint Hybrid configuration wizard issue

Copper Contributor

SharePoint Hybrid configuration wizard has stopped working for more than a week now. When launched and selected any workload for hybrid, it throws error as "The remote server returned an error (403) Forbidden". Existing hybrid connections works fine but because of this issue, configuring new hybrid set up for any workload is not possible.

Saurabh7019_0-1582808474155.png

2 Replies
I am also able to repro and getting the same message above,

In logs we see
2020.02.28 06:09:19.056 *ERROR* [Workflow=Hybrid, Task=GetTenantInformation, Phase=Configure] System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Microsoft.Online.CSE.HybridSP.StandardWorkflow.GetTenantInformationTask.GetTenantInformation(IOAuthToken authToken)
at Microsoft.Online.CSE.HybridSP.StandardWorkflow.GetTenantInformationTask.Configure()
In Fiddler trace we have a call to GET https://api.office.com/discovery/v1.0/me/services HTTP/1.1
with response
{"error":{"code":"101, Microsoft.Online.Services.O365Discovery.O365DiscoveryException","message":"The app ID is blocked for access of the O365 Discovery Service."}}

We have this issue reported to the PG team and should be seeing this fixed soon.

Thank you for your patience !

Regards
Paul
best response confirmed by Paul Prashanth A (Microsoft)
Solution

Product group team resolved the issue by replacing the decommissioned API with one from MS Graph. We received an un-official build of Hybrid picker that worked fine for us. I think the final version will be released after thorough testing.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Paul Prashanth A (Microsoft)
Solution

Product group team resolved the issue by replacing the decommissioned API with one from MS Graph. We received an un-official build of Hybrid picker that worked fine for us. I think the final version will be released after thorough testing.

View solution in original post