SOLVED

SharePoint Hub Site Navigation - not redering correctly in any browser

Steel Contributor

My hub site navigation had been working perfectly.  I am not sure exactly when it stopped.  Before I call support does anyone know of an easy fix.  See the picture.  We have confirmed this is an issue across all our browsers and sites connected to the hub.

6 Replies

@Christine Stack Maybe preview features are turned on for your tenant? It looks as if there are CSS elements missing.

If the site is all out of the box functionality and nothing on the page has custom scripts - definitely something I would be opening incident for.

@Timothy BalkThanks for the reply.  Preview features is not turned on and these are new office 365 groups attached to a hub site - all out of the box.  I guess it is time to open a ticket.

Thanks

@Timothy Balk wrote:

@Christine Stack Maybe preview features are turned on for your tenant? It looks as if there are CSS elements missing.

If the site is all out of the box functionality and nothing on the page has custom scripts - definitely something I would be opening incident for.

@Timothy BalkThanks for the reply.  Preview features is not turned on and these are new office 365 groups attached to a hub site - all out of the box.  I guess it is time to open a ticket.

Thanks

best response confirmed by Christine Stack (Steel Contributor)
Solution

It looks like the Mega Menu may have been deployed in your tenant. You can try and set it back to the compact navigation via the change the look -> navigation settings from the Gear icon

@Beau Cameron  - Thank you so much.  I am not sure how or why this got turned on but it is now fixed!  

On the HUB site - (GEAR)Settings>Change the look>Navigation>Cascading

@Christine Stack Microsoft enabled it automatically when it was deployed... glad you got it fixed!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christine Stack (Steel Contributor)
Solution

It looks like the Mega Menu may have been deployed in your tenant. You can try and set it back to the compact navigation via the change the look -> navigation settings from the Gear icon

View solution in original post