SOLVED

SharePoint Hub Site Issue - Cannot Associate Sites to Hub Site

Copper Contributor

I have recently had a test communication site converted into a Hub Site on O365 SharePoint. I was then made a Site Collection Admin for the Hub site and another communication site I have been testing, however when I went to associate the communication site to the Hub Site, the option was not there.

When I click on the Settings Cog and go to "Site Information", I am only shown Site Logo, Site Name and Site Description. I should have an additional "Hub Site Association" option, but I haven't...

I was able to associate the site through PowerShell, but i don't want to request this every time I need to associate or make changes to the links with the Hub site.

Any help on correcting this would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Jason Harris (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Are you site collection admin on the hub parent site? How many hubs do you have?

And I assume you had full access to the comm site you were trying to join to the hub?

Duplicated this issue for some reason - but this has now been fixed!

Go to this link for my response to Christopher and how he helped me to fix this issue: 

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/SharePoint-Hub-Issues-Cross-Site-Navigation-and-As...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jason Harris (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Are you site collection admin on the hub parent site? How many hubs do you have?

And I assume you had full access to the comm site you were trying to join to the hub?

View solution in original post