SOLVED

Sharepoint Form Width for List(Sharepoint Online)

Copper Contributor

The width on the default sharepoint form has changed automatically on my sharepoint site.  How do I revert the change?  Previously the form was on the right hand side of the screen and was about 1/4 of the screeen, currently it takes up 9/10 of screen.  The form only has 8 fields.

8 Replies
best response confirmed by TK787 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Was your form customized with PowerApps or with JSON Form Formatting?
There was some JSON formatting that I deleted that resolved the issue. I did not customize the JSON formatting is there a setting/bug that would automatically create JSON formatting?

Thanks for the help.

@Beau Cameron I am also having the same issue as the OP.

Yes, I went into Power Apps but did not save anything (or at least that is what I thought). Now, the form is way too wide and I cannot see any way to correct this. Unlike the OP, there is no custom JSON showing within the form in Lists.

How do I revert the form to the default size? Any advice you can provide would be appreciated.

Hi @Beau Cameron , I am facing the same issue. I have applied JSON formatting for my forms . Is there any issue if I apply JSON formatting. All of sudden the width got changed.

How can I make the form bigger? I have a three column form but its really small and all the way to the right when opened. I'd like it to open over most of the screen. @TK787 

@Markell77 https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/list-form-configuration

this may help, not sure what specific JSON formatting you would need, deleting the JSON in this section fixed my problem, but you should be able to adjust the size of the list form using this as well

I was able to resolve an issue opposite of what was described here but I think the solution might apply in both cases. My problem was that the Sharepoint list form only used about 1/2 of the screen and I wanted it to use 90% of the screen. It took me a while until I found this setting:

• List Settings > Advanced Settings > Dialogs
    Mikael_Toivonen_0-1679258470841.jpeg

This was set to "No".  After I set it to "Yes" the list forms begun filling up the screen like I wanted, instead of staying narrowly in the right.

Before:

Mikael_Toivonen_1-1679259071062.png

After:

Mikael_Toivonen_2-1679259402773.png

@Mikael_Toivonen 

thanks a million for this solution!!!!!!!!!!! It worked for me !! :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TK787 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Was your form customized with PowerApps or with JSON Form Formatting?

View solution in original post