Sharepoint for document record keeping / retention system

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am a very beginner of SharePoint trying to explore the possibility of using SharePoint as a document record keeping / retention system. From different online recourses writing and informing about Sharepoint as a  "Document Management System" or "Record Management System" I am not really sure if that kind of functionality being offered by SharePoint would cover my needs for a straightforward and easy to use document record keeping / retention system. I just want to move away from a folder structure that somehow never actually reflects the need to structure the documents according its different categorisations and references.

So far I got a basic understanding of document libraries, but some of the functionally I am looking for is not covered by the learning material offered.

My questions, is there anybody out there who setup SharePoint as a document record keeping / retention system I could discuss my "challenges" in creating a straightforward and easy to use document record keeping / retention system with SharePoint?

Best regards,

Thomas

0 Replies