Sharepoint - Events Web Part

Brass Contributor

Is there any way the the creator of the events, can export or track who or how many people clicked the "add to calendar" option? 

My goal is to be able to leverage the current capabilities to enhance even more what this web part can do. 

I can only create the event and allow people to add to the calendar but there is no way i can track that.. is there?  It defeats the idea of scheduling an event if you don't how many or who is coming.. right?!

Appreciate any ideas or coaching anyone can provide.

Thanks, 

1 Reply

@ALDINA3003,

I could be wrong so someone can correct me, but I don't believe this is possible.  Using auditing in the Security & Compliance Center, you could track how many people and who viewed the event page, but I don't believe there's any tracking for "Add to calendar".  It sounds like you're trying to stretch the use of the calendar than was intended.  It wasn't written to be able to be used like a class registration event where people sign up for.  You would need to augment the solution with a tracking registrant list, PowerApp or something along those lines.  

I would counter that it doesn't defeat the entire purpose of the event.  It only does if you're using it as a classroom scenario and you want to track attendees.  If you are wanting to use it to show general company events like a social gathering or something, than the standard functionality works just fine.  I've also had clients use it just as a placeholder for Company Holidays.  It just depends on your requirements.