SharePoint Embed Web Part Syntax

Steel Contributor

I would like to know what is the syntax to use a parameter from the URL of a page in an embed web part.

I used the Page Environment / Query String option in the web part and I didn't find the proper syntax to reach the parameter.

For example, if I have a RequestId parameter (.../Test.aspx?RequestId=160), how can I pass that value to the iframe code. I tried [$RequestId] format but it doesn't work.

<iframe width="600" height="700" src="https://.../CreateRequest.aspx?TemplateId=[$RequestId]">
</iframe>

Thanks.

3 Replies

@Benoit Fournier 

I tried this with the list properties web part but couldn't figure it out either. I tried:

• SitePages/page.aspx?List=PCM&Title=ex1
  • SitePages/page.aspx?ListId={5ac35ce3-8d6b-4c6e-aa06-b968ea31fd09}&Title=ex1
  • SitePages/page.aspx?FilterField1=Title&FilterValue1=ex1&ListId={5ac35ce3-8d6b-4c6e-aa06-b968ea31fd09}
  • SitePages/page.aspx?ListId={5ac35ce3-8d6b-4c6e-aa06-b968ea31fd09}&Id=1

And a number of variations. The last one just gave the homepage as it's the page with ID = 1 in the SitePages library.

@Jeroen Lammens 

Did anyone find out how to do this, as i'm having the same problem - if this worked as it looked like it should do, it would open up so many possibilities within modern sharepoint

@Mark Taylor 

No and don't hold your breath for it. In my tenants, the option page environment is now removed.

Microsoft showing great form once again.