Sharepoint Email Alerts

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I've created a Sharepoint site to house company news and events. I'd like my colleagues to be notified via email whenever I post a news story or add a new event. Can anyone help? All the articles I've found so far are outdated or unhelpful. It seems people can only create alerts for the documents page. 

Thanks,

4 Replies
You can set up automatic news digests so there is no need to manually send emails each time there is a new post: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/automatically-sending-news-post-digests-with-branding-b93...
To clarify, automatic news digests are automatic - you don't set them up. You can, however, manually curate a news digest and send it to a pre-defined group of users. But neither is an "alert" - they are both summaries and they come via email. The SharePoint auto-news digest feature sends an automated email to users about the latest news posts that are relevant to them, but that they may not have viewed yet. This is not the same as an alert, however. It is a summary. It only includes a max of 10 items. It is sent no more frequently than weekly. This may or may not be what you are looking for. but it might actually be what your users prefer!

@HayleyB of course one way to do it would be to build a simple flow in Power Automate that looks at the Promoted State column of your Sharepoint Site Pages library, and if it's 2 - a published news story - then send an email.

0a-Flow.png

0b-Flow.png

0c-Flow.png

1-Flow.png

2-Flow.png

3-Flow.png

5-Flow.png

4-Email.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Adding the Library "Site Pages" doesn't work in our tenant. Power Automate does not recognize the phrase, even when I add it (without quotes!) as a custom value.