SharePoint Document Library Unassigned Category

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I have a SP document library with 4 categories of Review status the default status is NOT STARTED and when the users upload a new document it should go in that NOT STARTED category but instead it is going under UNASSIGNED category.

Can anyone help with the root cause of this and a possible solution for the same.

Thank You !

3 Replies

@Sharjeel_123 Did you try settings default value like below? You have to set default value from column settings: 

ganeshsanap_0-1679063140347.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@ganeshsanap I did that Set the Default value to Not Started still its going in unassigned 

I have 4 choices Not Started, In Progress, Approved & Rejected Unassigned is coming automatically it's not even a choice that i gavr.

@Sharjeel_123 Can you show the screenshot of document library view and choice column settings?

Is there any power automate flow or any other customization on this document library which is changing category value after creating a new document? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs