SharePoint Designer alternative?

Iron Contributor

Hi all,

I've created electronic forms previously using Adobe Indesign and Adobe Acrobat.

I'm wanting to create smarter forms going forward, using data from our Office 365 infrastructure.

I've looked at SP Designer, but keep seeing that "It will no longer be supported, so don't bother using it"

Is SP Designer still being used? if so, is it worth going through and taking the time to learn it. Or use something else? I like that SP Designer is free! 

Looking at alternatives, I'm not sure what to go for.

MS Forms isn't enough for me.

Is Power Apps the alternative to SP Designer (Office 365 application related?) I'm not a fan of that either.

Thanks!

4 Replies

David...yes PowerApps for designing rich interactive forms is the recommended alternative to SharePoint Designer.  Also use Flow to automate workflows.

Steve 

Hi

PowerApps and Flow would be the tools moving forward for Office 365 design and development. Earlier InfoPath being used for rich/easy form design/development which will be discontinued soon as well.  if you had any InfoPath and/or SPD forms in previous SharePoint versions,  now it is time to learn PowerApps and Flow as the support will be discontinued sooner than we want to!

+ 1 for PowerApps + Flow
Hi David
Yes you are right. Powerapps is the new form technology.
'i am not a big fan' is a very broad complaint. It's a young platform and a lot of work is still being done, but many things that you might think are shortcomings do have a workaround.

Is there something specific that you found missing?

Regards