Sharepoint Designer 2013 - email designer: gray background

Copper Contributor

Hello all - I'm new to SPD but have successfully built a workflow to send an email except that the email sends with gray backgrounds behind all the fields. (And the email designer window itself has a completely gray background.  Pic attached)

The post referenced at the bottom mentioned a service pack. I wasn't able to get the service directly, because Corporate America, but they did uninstall my Designer and reinstall with a package (15.0.4569.1506) that should contain the service pack mentioned in the other post. It did not fix my issue. I still have the gray backgound. Can anyone help me?  

I'm running Windows 10  64-bit

I am exceptionally grateful for any help.

Rachel Rumschlag

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/Designer-Workflow-Email-Highlighting-Issue/td-p/24...

4 Replies
What version of SharePoint are you using?
My source says SharePoint 2013.

@RachelRumschlagSPD is old and doesn't know about newer versions of SP, so that connection information may not be accurate.

I was hoping that were going to say SharePoint Online, and then I was going to recommend using Microsoft Flow instead of SPD.

I haven't used SPD in years, and your problem doesn't remind me of any issue that I've seen before so I won't be much help.

Hopefully someone else can point you in the right direction.

Hi Mr. Gross
Thats not really helpfull.
We have SP 2013 Foundation and SPD with Version (15.0.4569.1506)

We are at Moment not able over Weeks to connect to SP, Always this error ocures.

So, how to resolve that problem?