SOLVED

SharePoint date & time field

Iron Contributor

We have a list which contains 2 fields, Start Time and End Time. The default value is set to to Today's date and 00:00. When you create a new item in the modern list view and the set the values for both fields, its fine.

Then when you view the item and then edit all and change another field for example a single text field, the time value changes for both the date fields back to 00:00 when you save the item.

As the time field is quite critical for us this is an issue that i think is a bug in the new modern view. 

This does not happen in the classic sharepoint view. 

Any ideas??

8 Replies
Tested it on my developer tenant and I see the same behavior so I consider this a bug.
best response confirmed by Dhiran Gajjar (Iron Contributor)
Solution

**UPDATE Fixed by MS patches.

Just had confirmation that this is a bug by MS product team and hopefully by the end of next week(24/2/17) this will be fixed in SharePoint Online. 

Dear All!

Any news? The problem remains - time fields are set to 00:00 when updating via edit form och information panel. The increment i per 30 minutes but we need per minute which can be typed in the box not using the drop down choice, but when edited everything is set to 00:00.

Please let us know. created a single line of text and formated to time value to create a workaround but the SharePoint mobile app does not support columns with validation!!

Moved on using PowerApps but the we lost the ability to add attachment / image via the form.

It is hard to give customer what they need and sell the mobile first idea when there are these bugs.

Hi Christina,

For our tenant this issue was resolved by a patch that apparently MS rolled out. I would have assumed that this was a global patch. I would raise a case with MS support. 

Dhiran

Thank you I will check again.

The error still persists and we are not able to update time fiels at all.

Critical for us.

Will contact Microsoft.

Hello @Christina Gibson,

Did this issue solve for your tenant?  In Office-365 users are released updates at different times based on different channels (deferred or current channel etc).  You can check which channel and version you are on by going to office product (e.g. Excel) and go to File/Account and looking at the information similar to below (notice 'current channel' and Version and Build numbers):

Office-Update-Channel.png

Hi

I have this same issue. Date field only works perfectly, but adding the time to the field causes it to not save the data at all. We're using the date field in Communication site Site Pages libraries, to filter posts for publishing time. It would be crucial to get the time to the publishing date&time, but currently have needed to go with the date only.

See pic:

datetimeissue.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dhiran Gajjar (Iron Contributor)
Solution

**UPDATE Fixed by MS patches.

Just had confirmation that this is a bug by MS product team and hopefully by the end of next week(24/2/17) this will be fixed in SharePoint Online. 

View solution in original post