Sharepoint country/state/city

Copper Contributor

Hi, I know this kind of setup is as old as the hills and there are multiple resources online, but I had a job setting this up years ago and the whole interface has changed, so I thought I'd ask if anyone could give ideas on the issue I have before I start trying to edit what I already have.

OK - site is set up with a list that is customer/site rather that state/city.

I create a new item and select the customer from the dropdown and then proceed to the site dropdown. In the site dropdown every single site for every customer is shown (more than 200). Now because I'm lazy I haven't tried to fix this, however something I noticed for the first time today.

If I go to edit the item the site list is limited to the correct customer and only 100 entries are shown.

So if it's the same item and it follows the rule in edit, why not in create? 

I'll try to see how to edit things in the mean time, but if anyone has an idea on what I've done wrong it would be much appreciated.

1 Reply
OK - looks like I used something called hillbilly.js to get as far as I did - I'll research that a bit as I'm sure it's something simple.
TBH I thought there would be a simple "all Microsoft" way of doing this by now - if anyone knows of other solutions please let me know.