SharePoint Comments @mention Error

Brass Contributor

Hello All,

My VP reported an error message that he received while trying to add @mention to the Comments of a SharePoint Online News post.  After adding 12 @mention names he received the following error messages:  "Could not complete that action" and "Couldn't post comment. Try again."  Has anyone seen these error message when attempting to post Comments?  Is there a limit to the number of @mention names you can enter in a Comment?  A screenshot of the error message is attached.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.

PLove

2 Replies

@PLove59Yes, We did and I am not sure whether Microsoft will increase this limit. 

@Firthouse Azad @PLove59 

I have also faced issues while mentioning more than 10-12 people in single comment. Sometimes it just shows mention{10} instead of user names: 

ganeshsanap_0-1666766268228.png

I will suggest you to:

1. Raise support ticket with Microsoft to inform this bug: Get M365 support - online support 
  2. Submit new idea/feedback if there is any hard limit for number of mentions: SharePoint Feedback Portal 

Related articles:

1. SharePoint Online: All you need to know about Commenting in Lists 
  2. SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists: @mention people in list comments 
  3. SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists: @mention people in list comments using SharePoint REST API 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.