SharePoint column data not showing up. What is happening?

Copper Contributor

My Name column on SharePoint is not populating with the appropriate data fields. I can see the data when I click on an individual entry but I can't see the data in the column on SharePoint. I can also see it on gallery view but not on list view. 

Anyone know what's going on here? 

titlecolumn.PNG 

5 Replies

@PN3456789,

1. What is the data type of Name column?
  2. Is there any JSON formatting applied for this column in List view?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap
Thank you for replying.
1. It is a single line of text.
2. The JSON formatting is
{
"$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/column-formatting.schema.json"
}

@PN3456789 This is the default reference to JSON formatting schema. This shouldn't be a problem in your case.

This is a strange issue. Never saw such type of issue in our SharePoint tenant. I will suggest you to open a support ticket with Microsoft, check: Get Online support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi @PN3456789,

Came across this issue myself, the following fixed it for me.

1)  Click on one of the heading and choose - "Column settings" then click on "Show/hide columns"

2)  Scroll through and look to see if you have two "Name" options.

3)  on the RHS window - Untick the currently ticked one "Name"

4)  Tick the "Name" which was unticked

5)  click "Apply"

Hopefully you already sorted this, and hopefully this helps others.

Had the same issue, What solved it for me was to go to the Column that is not displaying values > Column Settings > Format this Column > erase the JSON code then save... worked like a charm. For me at the very least