SharePoint Choice Field issue clicking away

Copper Contributor

I am currently having an issue that has come up recently on any SharePoint List that I work in that is weird and annoying. Let me try and describe the issue in words and if you need an image I can provide it.

Step 1 - Open up a list item details page. (I have JSON formatting in the body for sections so I can group my columns)

Step 2 - Click on a status field to open up the opens for me to choose. (This issue happens if it is empty or if there was already something pre-selected that I want to change.) (I also have tried this with quick edit on or off)

Step 3 - Decide that I didn't want to make any change and try and click away from the status field that I am currently editing.

At Step 3 that status field just remains open I cannot get it to close back without changing the field even though I decided I didn't want to make any change. I have to change it click out and then go back in and change it back to the original.

I am running Chrome 106.0.5249.119 is that helps

6 Replies

@RyanG1465 I have seen similar posts on the forums where other users are also facing this issue. Do you have long list of options in choice column?

I will suggest you to raise a support ticket directly with Microsoft for this issue: Get M365 support - online support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@RyanG1465 Link to similar post on other forum: How can I fix the drop-down columns in the SharePoint list? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hello ganeshsanap I see this occurring with all of my choice fields not just long ones and like my other thread I am not in IT so I can't get to the admin support page to create a ticket. Hopefully others notice this issue and are able to get it resolved with Microsoft as it is quite annoying to deal with.
@RyanG1465, I see the same issue here. If I click in an option field I cannot edit other field except if I choosed another value for the field that I clicked previously.
An workaround is to click over any other field. Doing that in my case worked and I could close back without changing the original value.
Ya there definitely is a work around but in my workflow I click into status fields all the time where I choose something and then tab away from the window and then come back and I can't get out of it. I hope we are able to bring this up to Microsoft as it is also a recent change similar to the other issue with JSON I have been having.