SharePoint Card Designer Custom Fields Not Available - Choice Fields

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have multiple columns in the list that are set to be a "Choice" field. When I switched the list view to "Gallery," I noticed that a few of my choice fields did not show up on the gallery/card view. I checked the card designer, and those columns are not even included in the options to be displayed in the gallery/card view. The only way to see those fields is to click on the card and open the right-side panel on the screen. Is there a way to include/show my custom choice column field in the card view?

4 Replies

@UserTB2022 Can you try showing/including the choice column in list view? You can do it from list view settings. Follow my answer to show/include columns in list: News Item Thumbnail in JSON 

After adding columns in list view, check if you can see those in card designer settings.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi @ganeshsanap , I can see the custom choice column in my list view, but I am still unable to select it as content in the card designer while in the gallery view. I attempted creating a single-line text column and it also doesn't show in the card designer. Is there a setting that I am missing where it won't allow me to add custom columns? I am aware that multi-line text fields will not show. Thank you!

@UserTB2022 There is no column setting which will not allow you to use the column in card designer.

Can you try same scenario by creating a new list in same/different site? If the columns are not showing on the card designer at all, you may need to use the "Advanced mode" to add these columns in JSON formatting code.

Are you using multiple content types in your list? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@UserTB2022  I am having the same trouble, however my custom fields that aren't showing are '[number' fields. I can see them in 'All items' view, but when i go to 'customize card' they are not available to tick?

Any way to have an amount of money added to the card that can be totaled in other views?