Sharepoint capabilities for large lists

Copper Contributor

Hello there,

I am currently building a Tool which allows me to add, edit and generally speaking to manage existing contracts.

Therefore I have a Contract List with the details of the contracts and a library with the contract documents itself. I feed my data into the library/Contract List through a Canvas App in Power Apps and some flows. In this way, I want to add some thousand contracts.

Additionally, in my Contract List there is a lookup column which is connected to my library so that I can access the documents directly from my Contract List.

No my concern is that I may reach a certain treshold where the list gets very slow or I may lose some functionality due to performance issues. I already know about the 5000 item threshold of Sharepoint lists but as far as I know there exists a workaround for this problem (add custom views combined with indeing certain columns).

So should I be worried about the size of my Contract List when it gets bigger than 5000 or more items? Should I use e.g. a real database like Dataverse for my App?

Thank you so much in advance!

0 Replies