SOLVED

Sharepoint calculated column help- absolute values?

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I want to create a calculated value in my SharePoint list, based on 2 other columns; in a previous excel document I have used:

=IF([@[Response On Time]]=$AV$2,"On Target",IF([@[Revised Response On Time]]=$AV$2,"Within Extension",IF([@[Revised Response On Time]]=$AV$3,"Out of Target","Out Of Target")))

but that was using absolute values. I can't see any way of creating absolute values anywhere in the SharePoint list to refer to, but do I actually need to? Can I not just change the absolute value reference ($AV$2) to a Yes/No as specified in the columns i'm using- why won't that work? It won't, i've obviously tried it, but I don't understand why, or where i'm going wrong with the whole thing. Any help would be gratefully received, thank you! 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by carmelowen2105 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @carmelowen2105,

Can I not just change the absolute value reference ($AV$2) to a Yes/No as specified in the columns i'm using- why won't that work?

Yes you can.

Here is an example that I used recently:

=IF(Priority="Low",Created+7,IF(Priority="Medium",Created+14,IF(Priority="High",Created+21,Created)))

I reference this site whenever I am creating calculated columns - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Examples-of-common-formulas-in-SharePoint-Lists-D81F5F21-2B...

I hope this helps.

Norm

That has helped a lot, thank you @Norman Young 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by carmelowen2105 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @carmelowen2105,

Can I not just change the absolute value reference ($AV$2) to a Yes/No as specified in the columns i'm using- why won't that work?

Yes you can.

Here is an example that I used recently:

=IF(Priority="Low",Created+7,IF(Priority="Medium",Created+14,IF(Priority="High",Created+21,Created)))

I reference this site whenever I am creating calculated columns - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Examples-of-common-formulas-in-SharePoint-Lists-D81F5F21-2B...

I hope this helps.

Norm

View solution in original post