sharepoint -beginners question

Brass Contributor

I need a simple SharePoint site.
The purpose is to display the calendar and give the visitor access to most of the users
and add few users as owners

here are my questions
Do I need a hub site?

Which site is the preferred team or communication site?

Is it possible to remove the left navigation?

How to block members from adding other members

Thanks

3 Replies

@supportsib you only need a hub site if you are going to have  1 main site and then lots of other sites associated to. In my company I am Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager and on the intranet we have the main site which has news from across the company that flows up from the associated sites, but each business area maintains its own associated site: HR, IT Support, Finance Legal, Bids etc. Because the sites are all associated to the main site each site is shown in the hub menu at the top of  each site. But if this isn't your sort of scenario then you don't need a hub site.

You could use a teamsite but these are really in the classic experience. However you can change a teamsite to the modern experience and you can remove the left navigation Quick Launch menu  from Site Settings -> Navigation elements.

But personally I would go for a communications site which has all the modern experience features & web parts you will need.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Can you suggest permission also?
two users, they edit the calendar and rest of the users are just read-only user

Thanks

@supportsib just give those who can edit the calendar edit permissions on the site (or specific Contribute permissions on the list from the Advanced permissions link), and give everyone else Read permissions.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User