SOLVED

Sharepoint as a document / case management system help

Copper Contributor

I am looking for some help/direction.  I am fairly new to SharePoint and I think that it will be a great benefit for my organization.  This is what I would like to do if at all possible.  I am looking to create a list of clients, a list of cases/issues in various stages.  Then I would like a place that would show the Client with all of their information and a table below with all of their cases/issues.  

I assume that this can be done but I am not sure exactly how.  I have searched the internet without much luck and all of the help that I can get on this is greatly appreciated.  I want to be able to build the solution with help from the community in order to further my learning of the SharePoint platform.  On another note, in the future, I would like to be able to add flows to aid in repetitive tasks. 

Thank you in advance for helping a newbie out. 

Will 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Onebentcrayon (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You can use it as the back end system but where you want to focus on creating is a Power App utilizing SharePoint Lists / libraries as your data sources. I learned much of what I learned from Shane Young’s YouTube channel. I’ve created full invoice processing app for AP and some other apps using that setup. Currently working on a ticketing system for our control room. Much help on the powerapps community for any issues you have as well.

@Chris Webb Thank you so much.  I will make my way over to that community and pursue that route.  Please let me know how your ticketing system works out because I may want to implement one in my universe.   

@Onebentcrayonlet me know if you need help. Our consultant will help you step by step.

Regards

Ashish Kamotra

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Onebentcrayon (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You can use it as the back end system but where you want to focus on creating is a Power App utilizing SharePoint Lists / libraries as your data sources. I learned much of what I learned from Shane Young’s YouTube channel. I’ve created full invoice processing app for AP and some other apps using that setup. Currently working on a ticketing system for our control room. Much help on the powerapps community for any issues you have as well.

View solution in original post