Sharepoint App Cannot Edit Lookup Fields?

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

I'm a non-programmer (albeit the most "techie" guy) in a small company.

I've been really keen to drag the dinosaurs in my business into this millennium (yes they're that behind!) and I've been enjoying playing about with Sharepoint Online included in Office 365. Having done a tiny bit of programming in the distant past - the point-and-click development environment is ideal for me as I'm not knowledgeable enough to code anything. I've been able to build some utility out of a bunch of lists with relationships onto some Sharepoint sites for the business and they work pretty well.

In order to "sell" it to everyone though it has to be super simple and I've been keen on using the Sharepoint app for data entry for users.

However, I'm disappointed to see that, for some reason, when I edit a list item in the app (Android) the fields which are "Lookup" fields from another list simply don't appear in the form. 

Is there a reason for this? Am I missing something? It pretty much renders the whole structure I've created unusable on mobile which is really frustrating.

Any advice welcome but please remember writing screeds of code isn't an option for me! 

4 Replies

Since you want to create forms that will work well on phones, you should take a look at Power Apps, the no code solution to that problem. There is a great demo from Ignite at https://myignite.microsoft.com/videos/55719

While your response is technically correct, practically, the SharePoint mobile app is pointless if you have to jump into PowerApps, another interface, for users and developers. Microsoft should fix this and show the Lookup Field in Power App. Also, SharePoint mobile app has limitations on which field/s to display in the list linked to the item details. In the view details, it also displays workflow and content type which has no relevance to end-users. SharePoint app is sub-standard with practically no usability.

I have the same problem on my application, I think is urgent to solve this topix because atherwase is not possible tu use sharepoint mobile App.
I have the same issue. It makes the android app unusable for us. We have to run everything in the browser on our phones. I hope they fix that soon.