SharePoint and Project Management

Brass Contributor

Hi everyone, I've a question for u.

I'm facing a prospect that really loves O365 Platform, and SP in particular: his goal is to have a "project site", where they can store Docs, TasksList, Project Workflow steps, a single page module (with more than 100 fields, for that i'm thinking about an Azure Web App with his SQL DB, using Embed WebPart) for project orders etc. 

They have more than 4000 projects (actually folders in FS, bunch of files everywhere, etc) to migrate and the need to connect with their PDM Software.

I've a couple of ideas, what can u suggest?

1) Communications sites, with provisioning of all the stuffs, using task list, a power app for the invoiceable hrs on the proj, etc

2) O365 Groups Sites, provisioned automatically with all the great stuffs that template can have; but thinking on security... it fails. I mean, i should have different DLs with different permissions, and OOTB that site template grants access at the whole group, so how can i exclude subgroups of persons?  Is there a way to achieve that result with Modern Team Sites?

I've excluded usual (also with modern experience) sites, due to the limit of 2000 sites for site collection (wondering to divide all the projs site in any way)

Do u have any suggestion?

Bye

Michele

0 Replies