SOLVED

SharePoint Access Requests Settings - Where are they?

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We want to turn off external users requesting access to our SharePoint site. I've seen several articles (e.g. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/set-up-and-manage-access-requests-94b26e0b-2822-49d4-929a...)  saying to "Go to Settings Site Permissions." but there is no such option in the SharePoint admin center under "Settings".

Has this moved or been removed?

Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!

1 Reply
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Richard_Bowmaker 

This setting is not in SharePoint admin center, you can find this setting on individual SharePoint site (collection).

1. Go to Settings --> Site permissions

2. Under Site Sharing, click Change how members can share

ganeshsanap_1-1617090720751.png

Alternatively you can also find these settings under Advanced permissions settings (<siteUrl>/_layouts/15/user.aspx) - Classic experience way:

ganeshsanap_2-1617090845329.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Richard_Bowmaker 

This setting is not in SharePoint admin center, you can find this setting on individual SharePoint site (collection).

1. Go to Settings --> Site permissions

2. Under Site Sharing, click Change how members can share

ganeshsanap_1-1617090720751.png

Alternatively you can also find these settings under Advanced permissions settings (<siteUrl>/_layouts/15/user.aspx) - Classic experience way:

ganeshsanap_2-1617090845329.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post