SOLVED

SharePoint 365 - Solutiom Template - Missing Feature "SharePointHomeCache Feature"

Copper Contributor

Hi,
I have a solution template, after I have uploaded and activated, and I try to create a new subsite based on the custom template I get the error message that the template could not be applied due to a feature that is not activated, it's

"SharePointHomeCache Feature" (Feature Scope Site Collection, Feature ID 94280101-dc63-4b83-842a-8707b1afb62d).

I already activated two other features my template requires ("Workflows" and "SharePoint 2007 Workflows"), but I'm not able to identify the "SharePointHomeCache Feature" (Feature ID 94280101-dc63-4b83-842a-8707b1afb62d) and how to activate it, neither in Site Collection Features nor in Site Features.

Unfortunately I don't know which step during the development of the template activated the feature. Also I cannot find very much information on the internet around the feature.

So my questions are:

1. What the feature is about?
  2. How can I activate it?
  3. What kind of "implementation step" in a SharePoint site will activate the feature?

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot. Best regards,

Nic

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VirtualNic (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Dear all,

I found the step that seems to activate the "SharePointHomeCache Feature" (Feature Scope Site Collection, Feature ID 94280101-dc63-4b83-842a-8707b1afb62d):

After I create a new Site Page, add an PNG image to the header, add a new web part of type Text, save the whole site as a solution template, then I get the error regarding the not activated feature "SharePointHomeCache Feature", when I try to use the solution template to create a new subsite (on an newly created, blank site).

When I just manually create a Site Page in the blank site, then the creation of a new subsite with the solution template works fine, so the feature seems to be activated. For now, that's my workaround: in every new site just manually create a page, and then apply the solution template.

Still no clue where to check in SharePoint if the feature is activated, and how to manually activate the feature.

Just wanted to let you know, in case someone is faced with the same issue.

Best regards,
Nic

Hi @VirtualNic , I got a solution for this issue. Please refer to article below, use the Powershell command to activate the Feature GUID with from the given error.

https://www.sharepointdiary.com/2015/01/sharepoint-online-activate-feature-using-powershell.html#ixz...

Here is example script:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Import-Module Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.Powershell

$SiteURL = "https://tenant.sharepoint.com/Sites/Sitename"
$FeatureGUID =[System.GUID]("94280101-dc63-4b83-842a-8707b1afb62d") 
$LoginName ="admin@company.onmicrosoft.com"
$LoginPassword ="Password"

$ctx = New-Object Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ClientContext($SiteURL)

$SecurePWD = ConvertTo-SecureString $LoginPassword –asplaintext –force
$Credential = new-object -typename System.Management.Automation.PSCredential -argumentlist $LoginName, $SecurePWD
$ctx.Credentials = New-Object Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.SharePointOnlineCredentials($Credential.UserName,$Credential.Password)

$site = $ctx.site

$site.Features.Add($FeatureGUID, $force, [Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.FeatureDefinitionScope]::farm)

$ctx.ExecuteQuery()
write-host "Feature has been Activated!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-If you unsure whether if the features activated, repeat the command and you will see error with Features already activated.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VirtualNic (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Dear all,

I found the step that seems to activate the "SharePointHomeCache Feature" (Feature Scope Site Collection, Feature ID 94280101-dc63-4b83-842a-8707b1afb62d):

After I create a new Site Page, add an PNG image to the header, add a new web part of type Text, save the whole site as a solution template, then I get the error regarding the not activated feature "SharePointHomeCache Feature", when I try to use the solution template to create a new subsite (on an newly created, blank site).

When I just manually create a Site Page in the blank site, then the creation of a new subsite with the solution template works fine, so the feature seems to be activated. For now, that's my workaround: in every new site just manually create a page, and then apply the solution template.

Still no clue where to check in SharePoint if the feature is activated, and how to manually activate the feature.

Just wanted to let you know, in case someone is faced with the same issue.

Best regards,
Nic

View solution in original post