SharePoint 365 - Calendar Form

Copper Contributor

I have a calendar but would like to change the elements included in the "user form".  How do I get to the "user form" to modify?  Or is that even possible?

8 Replies
Hello, could you possibly provide a few screenshots of what you are talking about? I assume a Calendar list in SharePoint? You can customize the columns etc. by going to the calendar settings, on I want to say the settings tab, but it's been awhile since I've been in there.

What kind of modifications are you looking to do? Since this is still a classic webpart, old form modifications would have to be preformed using SharePoint Designer etc. if it's more than column customizations you are wanting to accomplish.
I think he could avoid Designer here (Try to avoid it ;-):
(1) Adding or removing columns in the list will be reflected in the forms...or even better, creating a custom content type and attaching to the calendar list would be great
(2) Since depending on the calendar view we still have Classic Forms, some kind of customization can be done by means of JSLINK or inyecting code in the Forms using the classic Content Editor WebPart approach
(3) As an alternative to use out of the box forms, you could create your own ones with PowerApps or SPFx

@Chris Webb 

With the transition to Office 365 out company has removed Designer :(  so this would not be an option.

Form is schedule coverage for different hospitals so what I would like form to include would be start, end, name of surgeon, and hospital being covered

I have created the calendar and saw by adding a column it shows up on the form, but there are other fields I'd like to remove.

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

So I can create a form using PowerApps that will read the standard "calendar" list?  Let me try that.

If you need to remove them and cannot. Turn on under advanced settings, the first option manage content types to Yes. Then you can edit the content type, and "Hide" any columns you don't want from the default content type to show on the form.
I went to list settings for the calendar and confirmed I had checked "yes" on manage content types. Where do I go to edit the content type? I do see "Content Types" but it does not allow for hiding of columns.
It's on the calendar settings page. Under content types you select the word 'Event'. This will go into where you can hide specific columns.
Thank You - this allowed me to hide some of the fields but also reorder thus having the important fields at top of form. Appreciate learning something new today. Thank You