SharePoint 2019/SQL Server 2016 Move Databases encounter error saying SQL Azure...

Copper Contributor

I installed a Single Server Farm of SharePoint 2019, on a Windows Server 2016 Datacenter server for some testing, and the SQL Server is on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Server.

As 2008 R2 support is coming to an end so I install another SQL Server 2016 instance on the save server with SharePoint, and followed instructions on this page to move my existing databases to the new SQL 2016 instance.

I detached all the SharePoint related databases and attach them in the new SQL 2016 instance, and run the SPDatabase.ChangeDatabaseInstance command from SharePoint management console, to change database server to the newly installed instance.

Then something wired happened saying Exception calling "ChangeDatabaseInstance" with "1" argument(s): "SQL Azure SQL does not support intergrated authentication".

However, something even more strange is that, when I open the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard, it DOES show that the Database Server is now pointing to the new Instance. But when I try to run the configuration wizard, it also shows up the SQL Azure SQL error.

How come is this? I'm using SQL Server 2016! Why is it complaining about SQL Azure? Now my SharePoint environment is down and what can I do to bring it back?

Thanks very much in advance and any help or suggestion is highly appreciated.

0 Replies