SharePoint 2019 file not found

Copper Contributor

I installed SharePoint 2019 but before installation, I partitioned the disks so that the system would run on the C: drive and the applications would run on E: drive. As the SP sites grew, I noticed the C: drive was filling up and I needed to resize some drives to allow more space.  

After shuffling IIS and SharePoint drive configurations, I was able to create more disk space out of the E: drive and now I had C:, E: and F: drives. Everything that was once running on E: drive is now Xcopy(ied) over to F: drive and configured to run from F: drive.  

To simulate the removal of E: drive, I removed all permissions from the E: drive. To my surprise the applications continued to work without error. I let the system run for two or three days just to be sure that everything was stable and then I deleted E: drive. Big mistake. 

Coming from a Linux background, I thought for sure that removing permissions from the drive would cause application failure somewhere and that would indicate to me that my job of disk shuffling was not yet complete. Not so in Windows Land or at least in SharePoint 2019.   

My sites are still available but all my infopath form templates are 404 not found. When I try to publish in infopath I get an ‘invalid template’ error and cannot re-publish my forms. My lists and libraries are all there and the content is still there.  

From the browser, when I try to add a new item to a list, the form does not open, and I receive this error: 

Sorry, something went wrong 

File Not Found. 

I have backups of all my sites but if this is an easy fix, I would rather upload my templates than restore from backups. Is there a way to restore just the infopath form templates in the filesystem or is there a setting that I’ve missed? 

0 Replies