07-28-2019 04:57 AM
07-28-2019 04:57 AM
I have configured workflow manager on our SharePoint 2016 environment. It was working fine. We installed SharePoint patch and ran the product configuration wizard, after running it the SharePoint 2013 workflow options disappeared from SP designer. I am asking is it out of the box behavior or we have some incorrect configuration with Workflow manager.
07-28-2019 02:31 PM
It definitely sounds like an issue with the Workflow Manager configuration or services. Workflow Mgr is generally separate from SharePoint, but other things could have thrown it off. There are a few things to check:
Worst case you might try to re-run the Register-SPWorkflowService command to re-establish a connection between SharePoint and the workflow manager. Hopefully one of these checks will reveal the culprit and lead you to a solution. Post any feedback and we can try to point you in a more precise direction.
07-29-2019 01:26 AM
@Doug Allen Thank you so much for your response.
Following is my response for each query:
1. Yes. Workflow Service Proxy is listed and shows connected
2. All of these services services are running on the workflow configured server.
3. We are using Self-signed certificate. Expiry date is 22/11/2023
4. It is multi-server farm. (2=Front end server, 2= Search Servers, 2= Application Servers, 2 = Distributed cache servers), i have configured the workflow on one of the distributed cache server. Do you think it could be a problem installing it on the distributed cache server?
5. All the services are running on the farm, following is the example:
07-29-2019 05:38 AMSolution
Sounds like everything is in good shape. I would try to re-register the workflow service with SharePoint and see if that takes care of it. Do you the patch level of the WF farm like CU2,3,4 or 5? You don't have TLS 1.2 enabled in your environment do you?
07-31-2019 03:39 AM
07-31-2019 05:15 AM - edited 07-31-2019 05:15 AM
@Zulfi11 Since nothing else was wrong I figured that would do it. Glad that worked for you. You do only need to do it once though.