SharePoint 2013 Performance Issue with AD Accounts From Other Region

Copper Contributor

We have our intranet data center in Europe and some of our users are experiencing slow server response and it is only affecting AD accounts that are based in Asia.

This issue may look familiar because someone has asked the exact same thing before in the forums (only difference is they're using SharePoint Online while we're on premise). The only solution in that thread is to diagnose the issue using these diagnostic steps: Diagnosing performance issues with SharePoint Online

The results are definite and based from my research it boils down to this response header value:

(my account) SPRequestDuration: 796
(account from Asia) SPRequestDuration: 40683

Both request are using the same link, only difference is the signed in account. All other parameters like SPIisLatency and X-SharePointHealthScore are optimal. 

I already cross checked Group Policy between the different accounts and it's inconclusive. Right now all I know is they have different Domain Controllers but I'm not entirely sure if that could affect server requests, especially if it's a totally different server serving those requests but that's just my opinion.

Any ideas what may cause the server to respond slowly to other AD accounts? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Bruce
1 Reply