Setting up a wiki same as Confluence

Copper Contributor

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to re-create all of our tech documents in sharepoint so we can centralise to office 365.

I've tried many different way but I think the only way maybe a news style site, but then I have the issue of navigation so have looked into metadata navigation. But none of this seem to do something confluence makes so easy.

What would you recommend?

Many Thanks

Mark

3 Replies
I have the same question. How can we migrate from confluence to "something similar" in share point?
Missing features are:
- page navigation
- page hierarchy
- dispaly page tree inside a page
- among many others...

Please help!

@GianGian The wiki features that came with earlier versions of SharePoint were never very good and were a long way behind professional wiki products like Confluence, Wikidot, Wikimedia etc. Other than a very labour-intensive manual build using quick links buttons (which have to be created on each page) and perhaps a manual navigation approach using perhaps a list web part, there is really nothing you can do to replicate in SharePoint Online the features of Confluence.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@Playford I'm 100% agreed with @RobElliott.

My suggestion is to use a complete different approach:

You may try using OneNote for Wiki Pages and store the OneNote notebook (file) on SharePoint in order to centralize the data