SOLVED

Set Column Formula to work before a certain date.

Copper Contributor

Hi all, 

relatively new to all this and looking to get a help in hand if possible with a formula I've been working on. I've created an IF statement to add up 6 separate columns, please see below:

=IF(jBDocs,1,0)+IF(jBFaultDiag,1,0)+IF(jBFuncTest,1,0)+IF(jBRecovery,1,0)+IF(jBRects,1,0)+IF(jBTask1,1,0)

The thing is I only want the above code to work before a specific date, for example <=10/02/2023, I have a date created field called (jDATE) to reference the item. If this criteria isn't met then I'd like the below code to be applied (ELSE). Thanks in advance forum gurus!

=IF(jBScenario1,1,0)+IF(jBScenario2,1,0)+IF(jBScenario3,1,0)+IF(jBTask1,1,0)+IF(jBTask1,1,0)

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Altonga (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Altonga Try using formula in this format: 

=IF([jDATE]<=Date(2023,2,10),IF([jBDocs],1,0)+IF([jBFaultDiag],1,0)+IF([jBFuncTest],1,0)+IF([jBRecovery],1,0)+IF([jBRects],1,0)+IF([jBTask1],1,0),IF([jBScenario1],1,0)+IF([jBScenario2],1,0)+IF([jBScenario3],1,0)+IF([jBTask1],1,0)+IF([jBTask1],1,0))

You can change <= condition in above formula as per your requirements.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

Brilliant stuff thank you, worked so well!

@Altonga You're welcome! Glad it worked for you.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Altonga (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Altonga Try using formula in this format: 

=IF([jDATE]<=Date(2023,2,10),IF([jBDocs],1,0)+IF([jBFaultDiag],1,0)+IF([jBFuncTest],1,0)+IF([jBRecovery],1,0)+IF([jBRects],1,0)+IF([jBTask1],1,0),IF([jBScenario1],1,0)+IF([jBScenario2],1,0)+IF([jBScenario3],1,0)+IF([jBTask1],1,0)+IF([jBTask1],1,0))

You can change <= condition in above formula as per your requirements.

View solution in original post